Sunday, October 28, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes... Wait WHAT!? A 5K?!

I love my daughter. I REALLY do. I must. She asked to run a 5K and in an effort to inspire her I agreed! I must have had guilt PMS or something. Because well... I. Don't. Run. Ever. No joke. But beginning about 9 days ago I started intervals on the elliptical. And I did intervals w the kids once outside. Tonight I got even more serious. I mapped it and ran it alone.
My vision of "cool" has changed over the years. Today as my feet hit the pavement mid workout I threw a little air guitar. That's right!!! Only the air guitar was to Johnny Cash and "mid" was .89 miles and my side was killing me from something other than laughing for the 1st time in 15 years. 16 year old me would absolutely come here and smack me in the head for lack of awesomeness. ;-). I'm pretty excited though that's the 1st time in my entire life I have power walked/ jogged/ intervals WHATEVER for 2 whole miles. Just one point one more to go. So back to my statement: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. However if this kills me... Please, someone, at least roll me across the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment