Monday, August 27, 2012

The glamourous life I lead

        This morning I wake up to the storm that wasn't.  Tropical storm/ Hurricane Isaac threatened  squalls of wind and rain and flooding.  Luckily that was not the case.  He decided to take a left hand turn and bother the poor people of New Orleans (as if they haven't had enough hurricane in their lives).  Nonetheless schools went ahead and cancelled for today well before we knew what the true impact would be.  So, after 2 kids were home last Thursday with a stomach virus, and one still home on Friday, we then got an extra day off today.  WAHOOOO (groan) As happy as I was to NOT wake up at 6:30 am, I'm pretty over the whole single mom held up in the house due to illness or weather routine.  Yes I am married but my traveling husband is in India, he's been there for almost a week now. 
      After coming in from standing out in the rain trying to convince my dog to please for the love of everything holy go to the bathroom, I realize I have a text.  There's a picture of my husband's smiling face showing me the reflection of the Taj Mahal in his sunglasses.   All carefree and full of worldly fun.  Something is not right here.  Last night I did laundry, cleaned the Hamster cage, fought the masses at the grocery store to stock up on food, and doled out cough medicine to the toddler who is hacking up a lung.  He on the other hand enjoyed some new cuisines and traveled the world (with a little work in between of course!).   So goes the life of a stay at home mom.  Most days I wouldn't trade it for anything.  But somedays... I wish I was doing ANYTHING even remotely close to glamorous LOL.  I would love to go on, but I just saw a small frog hop across the floor.  Hmmm better catch that and return it to the "storm."

No comments:

Post a Comment